BULK SMS

08 November, 2016

Tragic end for the boy born with his head upside-down: Indian teenager whose story moved the world dies just eight months after life-changing surgery


A 13-year-old boy in India whose head was hanging at a 180-degree angle has died just eight months after life-changing surgery. Mahendra Ahirwar (pictured, left) suffered from a rare condition called congenital myopathy. 


After the operation he was able to go to school (right) and enjoyed a relatively normal life. His mother, Sumitra, said today: ‘I will miss him. I’ve no idea how I’ll cope with the loss. He’s with God now. I hope he is able to find peace. He’s had a painful life. I hope wherever he is, he is pain free.’ She said: 'He enjoyed his new life for just eight months. I wish he could have lived longer to see more.'

No comments:

Post a Comment