BULK SMS

26 November, 2015

We Will Qualify For The World Cup - Ighalo


Sequel to Nigeria’s progress to the group phase of the 2018 World Cup Qualifiers, Odion Ighalo, has boasted that the Super Eagles will defeat any team and eventually qualify for the 2018 World Cup.
Allafrica.com reports that the Watford of England striker also pleaded with Nigerians saying; “we have a very young team that will grow and get better with time.
“I am sure between now and June next year, the team would have forged a great bond and play better as a unit. 
“I don’t think we should be talking about avoiding any team in the group stage, because there are no push overs anymore in African football.
“We all saw what Swaziland did to us in the last round, so saying we want to avoid a particular team shows we are not up to standard, I believe we can face any team,” he boasted.
Ighalo however promised that he will improve on his game for both Club and Country explaining that he is always dedicated to team play over personal ambitions.
He said: “I play for the team, play to the coach’s instructions and I am always happy when my team gets victory.
“I would love to always score goals for Nigeria like I am doing for Watford because that is what Nigerians want but I also want to put my team ahead of my personal ambition.
“I know it is not going to be easy with so many new players in the team, I just want Nigerians to be patient with us as we strive hard to get to the level they desire of us as a team.  
Ighalo was included in Sunday Oliseh’s team that defeated Swaziland 2 – 0 on aggregate to proceed to the next phase of the 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers.

No comments:

Post a Comment