BULK SMS

16 December, 2015

I Will Quit Australian Open To Be At Birth Of First Child - Andy Murray



Andy Murray has revealed he would be prepared to give up a shot at Australian Open glory midway through the tournament for the birth of his first child.


The first Grand Slam of 2016 takes place in Melbourne on January 18-31, just weeks before Murray's wife Kim is due to give birth in mid-February.
But, in an exclusive interview with Sportsmail from his pre-season training camp in Dubai, the world No 2 has admitted he will withdraw and fly straight back to the UK if Kim goes into premature labour.


Asked if he would pull out during the tournament if necessary, Murray said: 'I'd go home. For sure, yes.'
He added: 'It's obviously important. I want to make sure at the beginning I am there as much as I can be to try and help out, just be there for whatever is really required of me.'






No comments:

Post a Comment