BULK SMS

29 January, 2016

'I'm Like A Little Mother': The 13-Year-Old Girl Who Reduced Holly Willoughby To Tears As She Recounted How She Cares For Her Seriously Ill Mum, Bipolar Brother And 'Autistic' Toddler Sister


Amy Barbour, 13, from Saltcoats, Scotland, was singled out for her selfless devotion to her family on This Morning and her story of juggling schoolwork with running her household was so moving it had mum-of-two Holly Willoughby wiping the tears from her eyes. 

Amy's mother Susan, 40 (inset, left), who has a neurological disorder that leaves her in agony, explained how Amy (right) never complains about looking after her, as well as her 17-year-old brother Aidan (inset, right) who is also diabetic and her two-year-old sister Neveah (inset, second left), who may have autism. Amy simply explained: 'I'm definitely missing out but it's a part of my life, and that's the way it is. 

I love my family more than I can say.' The youngster got a surprise phone call from Holly and Phil Schofield while she was at school, and was given books and a tablet to reward her for all her hard work.

UK Dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment