BULK SMS

11 December, 2015

Sweet Husband Cheers His Depressed Wife By Writing All Of The Reasons He Loves Her On Their Bedroom Mirror


An adoring husband totally lived up to the 'for better or worse' side of his marriage vows with a kind gesture when his wife was struck with depression - and has subsequently been hailed as a hero by a legion of online supporters.

Tim Murphy, a Los Angeles-based engineer and his new wife Molly Murphy have been going through some tough times lately, which have had Molly finding herself struggling to cope. To help her remember how loved she is, Tim decided to surprise her by writing her a heartfelt note on their bedroom mirror while she was on a trip away.
‘I’ve been juggling a LOT lately,' wrote Molly on Imgur. 'Just got married. Couldn’t afford a wedding. Family is sparse. Falling out with friends, yaddadyadda. But, the thing is, amidst all the struggle, my husband has relentlessly tried to cheer me up.’

The note, which is made up of a long list of Tim's 'reasons I love my wife', was discovered by Molly after she had returned from a trip from San Francisco, from where she had recently moved.
Among the items on the list were the fact that she 'snorts when she laughs', has 'a beautiful singing voice' and cries around small animals.
'She has experienced severe tragedy but yet is the most optimistic person about humanity that I know,' he added. 
Molly, overwhelmed by the gesture snapped a photo - with herself standing tearfully in the mirror's reflection - of the 15-item list and posted it on Imgur, where it swiftly picked up steam.
Along with the photos, Molly explained the heartbreaking backstory to the gesture, including how she is aware that she has not been 'the easiest person to deal with' during the tough times, admitting to taking out her anger on her new husband on occasion in the form of raising her voice or locking herself in the bathroom sobbing. 



'But he somehow forgives me every time. I have a long journey ahead of me, and I know he probably realizes I'm depressed,' she wrote. 'But he holds my hand, and he tries his best.

'Today when I came home from a trip to SF, I flopped onto my bed in tears. I looked to my left, and saw these words painted all across my mirror,' she explained. 'I think he wanted me to remember how much he loves me. Because he knows how quickly I forget. 
'He knows I struggle to see good in the world, and especially the good in myself. But here it is. A testament and gesture of his love. Damn, I needed it today...'
She went on to explain how though her mental illness is something that cannot be instantly solved by gestures such as this one, she and her husband view themselves as partners that weather the 'down days' together.
Tim's sweet tribute to his lady love became a huge hit online, being viewed over 550,000 times on Imgur in just three days. 
After his lovely gesture became an internet sensation, Tim took to Facebook to express his gratitude and surprise at the outpouring of support, writing: 'I scribbled some compliments on a mirror never expecting anyone to see them, not even Molly Murphy.
'Now it's gone viral? WTF internet, you cray. I appreciate the kind words though.'
In the comments following the original post, Molly explained that she 'surprised him by coming home early', revealing that 'he had planned to fill the entire mirror'.
'I'm still struggling, but I'm glad I have my other half to help me make it through,' Molly wrote on her original post. 'It may just be a few words on my mirror, but I'll look at them when I wake up and know I'm not alone. I'll know I have my best friend, my co-pilot in life to help guide me through.'

Source - Dailymail



No comments:

Post a Comment