BULK SMS

23 February, 2016

I Would Have Been Disappointed If I Hadn't Scored Against Blackburn - Emenike



Nigeria striker, Emmanuel Emenike says he would have been disappointed had he not scored for West Ham in last Sunday’s FA Cup 5-1 win over Blackburn Rovers.

Emenike netted a brace against the English Championship side to open his goals account since his arrival in England on loan from Turkish club, Fenerbache till the end of the season.

‘The Hammers’ cruised to the quarter-final of the competition after they came from behind to thrash Blackburn Rovers 5-1 in a fifth round FA Cup tie.

"I knew I was going to lead the attack, so all eyes were on me and I knew it would be a big disappointment if I didn't score because the expectations were getting higher every day,” he told AfricanFootball.com.

“I feel more confident now than before. But I am not going to relax, the goals will motivate me to score more, some of my mates know how hungry I was to score goals and that's why I celebrated as if it were a Cup final."

He said he has settled down nicely in London because he has often spent his holidays there.

"There is a great atmosphere at the club. I have enjoyed good motivation from my team-mates and the fans, they are behind my goals. They have welcomed me well and have been supportive since, that has helped me greatly.

“I'm also feeling very much at home already because I am used to the weather and the culture. London is my home because this is where I often come for my holidays.

“I am growing into the team and hopefully we can write history together in the FA Cup," said the 2013 African Cup of Nations (AFCON) winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment