BULK SMS

20 April, 2016

Mother-of-three who worried her children would die in the night claims eating oily FISH 'cured her postnatal depression'



Melanie Lawson, 43, of Brighton, suffered crippling OCD as a child - she couldn't go to sleep without checking the curtains were closed or that nobody was hiding under the bed. 



After the birth of her first two children Grace (top right) and Oscar (bottom right) she also started suffering postnatal depression - and had terrifying repetitive thoughts such as that they would die in the night or be run over by a car. Unwilling to take antidepressants and desperate for a natural solution, she read that fish could help improve mental function. She began eating sardines, mackerel or smoked salmon every day - and within three months was calmer, happier and better able to manage her OCD (pictured recently, left). She said: 'I believe eating fish has helped me overcome my OCD and manage it, and I would recommend what I did to others. As well as improving my mental health, I've had people compliment my skin too which must be down to my diet.'

No comments:

Post a Comment