BULK SMS

17 August, 2016

Runner who blamed her sports bra for bizarre rash on her breast is devastated to be told she has cancer


Sarah Lang, 32, from Bristol, first noticed the mysterious rash-like mark on her right breast in December last year. 


Having just taken up running at the time, she thought it might be her sportswear rubbing against her skin. But when the welt wouldn't heal, tests revealed she had three rapidly growing tumours. She made the agonising decision to have a full mastectomy and following surgery last week she will soon begin chemotherapy. Miss Lang, a production editor, said: 'At first, I just thought the mark was chafing. But it got to the point where the skin on my nipple would rip off whenever I removed my bra. It was really painful. Deep down, I knew I wasn't OK - I just had this gut feeling. I've learned how important it is to listen to your own body.'

No comments:

Post a Comment