BULK SMS

08 August, 2015

Model who lost 95% of her jaw to cancer poses for stunning and inspiring photoshoot

 A model who had the vast majority her jaw removed due to an aggressive cancer has posed for a series of ultra-glamorous shots. Elizaveta Bulokhova, 25, first noticed an inflammation on her jaw which became more and more painful. After undergoing a series of biopsies, she was told she had jaw osteosarcoma – a cancer which attacks the bone. Prior to her health problems, she had spent the previous seven years working as a fashion model all over the world, posing for publications such Cosmopolitan and Harper's Bazaar. The Latvian-born model and her partner Roman Troubetskoi had also just had the joyful news that she was pregnant with a baby boy. Elizaveta, who lives in Ontario, Canada, was forced to undergo a series of intensive operations in 2014 to remove 95% of her jaw. She said: "My first surgery lasted 16 hours, with more follow up surgeries in the next several days. "Surgeons used a fibula bone from my right leg, and nerve and skin tissue harvested from leg, arm, hip and shoulder to perform reconstructive surgery on my jaw. "I had to relearn how to walk. "For 10 weeks my mouth was wired shut, and I was eating through a tube in my nose. "I couldn't talk and couldn't brush my teeth. I had tubes coming out all over my body." Amazingly her son, Valentin was born via cesarean section, 10 weeks premature. One week later, she began her first cycle of chemotherapy. In the weeks after her treatment she bravely posed for the first time since her illness. In a stunning series of images, her Toronto-based photographer friend Manolo Ceron captured her innate beauty and dignity with some colourful images. She wears striking makeup and exposes the her scars from the traumatic illness. "One thing I asked Manolo is to show of all of my scars," she told Cosmopolitan. "I wanted to embrace them. I think they are pretty awesome, and my surgeon did amazing job, they look like an art to me." The young model is asking those those inspired by her story to donate to cancer charities such as Cancer Research UK.
Culled from UK Mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment