BULK SMS

05 December, 2015

A Friend And Inspiration For 14 Years. She Helped Bel Mooney Through The Break-Up Of Her Marriage. Now Bonnie The Rescue Dog Has Passed Away




A month on from her death, I still find it very hard to accept the dog-shaped hole in my life. Bonnie was just a silly little squiggle on the face of the earth, but to me an inexhaustible supply of glorious fun and serious, unconditional love. My tiny white dog was at my side for nearly 14 years: devoted companion, inspiration, entertainment, and baby-substitute for me and my husband. Now I look for her all over the house. My husband thinks he hears her in the yard. Some nights, sleepless, I reach out my right hand to where she slept on our bed, and I swear I feel her soft white fur in the darkness. Unashamed, I stroke that space - because somehow she is there still.

No comments:

Post a Comment