BULK SMS

15 December, 2015

Kim Kardashian Reveals She Has Had Saint's Placenta Made Into Pills



She's no earth mother - preferring Hermes to anything remotely hippyish. 
But Kim Kardashian has revealed she has had newborn son Saint's placenta made into pills which she takes daily in a bid to ward off postpartum depression.

Indeed, the reality star explained, she did the same after the birth of daughter North, and was thrilled with the results.

'So, I'm really not this holistic person or someone who would have ever considered eating my placenta,' admitted Kim on her website KimKardashianWest.com.


'And when I say "eat my placenta," I mean that I'm having it freeze-dried and made into a pill form—not actually fry it like a steak and eat it (which some people do, BTW).'
The 35-year-old explained that some friends of hers inspired her, after crediting the pills with stopping them from developing postpartum depression.
'I thought, why not try it? What do I have to lose?' wrote Kim.


And the results, she said, were amazing - with the mother-of-two not suffering 'any signs of depression.' 
'I really didn't want the baby blues and thought I can't go wrong with taking a pill made of my own hormones—made by me, for me,' she wrote.
'I started researching and read about so many moms who felt this same way and said the overall healing process was so much easier.'
Kim said she feels an energy surge each time she took a pill.
'I had great results and felt so energized and didn't have any signs of depression! I definitely had to do it again. 
'Every time I take a pill, I feel a surge of energy and feel really healthy and good. I totally recommend it for anyone considering it!'

Kim is certainly not the first celebrity to admit to encapsulating her placenta - with the trend widespread amongst the elite mothers of Hollywood.
Indeed, while Kim said she didn't think her sister Kourtney had tried the idea, the mother-of-three has tweeted about it in the past.
"Yummy...PLACENTA pills!' Kourtney Kardashian wrote in an Instagram post back in January, a month after welcoming son Reign. 'No joke...I will be sad when my placenta pills run out. They are life changing!'
Others to have talked of the fashionable procedure are Holly Madison, Kim Zolciak, January Jones, Alicia Silverstone, Mayim Bialik and Mayim Bialik.

It costs upwards of $225 to create a jar of pills from the freeze dried remains of a placenta, with unspecified 'cleansing herbs' often added to the mix.
Placentophagy, the practise of mammals eating the placenta after delivery, is widespread in nature, where it provides welcome nutrition for the animal while hiding signs of birth from predators.
Proponents of the trendy practice cite anecdotal evidence that it protects mothers from postpartum depression by replenishing iron supplies, and contains traces of hormones such as oxytocin.
However there has been little research into the practise by medical professionals, and some have labelled it unsafe.


Source - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3359771/Kim-Kardashian-reveals-Saint-s-placenta-pills-doing-North.html

No comments:

Post a Comment