BULK SMS

12 December, 2015

Yaya Toure Crowned BBC African Footballer Of The Year 2015

The 32-year-old Manchester City of England midfielder is now the the third player, after Nigerian living legends, Nwankwo Kanu and Jay-Jay Okocha, to receive the honour twice.

Toure won this year’s edition ahead of Yacine Brahimi, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Andre Ayew and Sadio Mane.
Shortly after receiving his award, Toure disclosed to the BBC that he is so proud to win it once again.
He said: “I am very proud. To receive this dedication from the fans is unbelievable.”
“Also I want to pay tribute to the other nominees. African football is growing up, becoming much better and we have fantastic young players coming through now.”
“I am delighted and very happy. And as an African player, I want to lead all my younger brothers to be successful in the future.
“When I was a kid I was always dreaming of being an important player. I have sacrificed a lot.
“I will continue to try to win a trophy every year, I will fight to win a personal trophy.
The four-time CAF footballer of the year has now won that of BBC twice, having won it in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment