BULK SMS

28 June, 2016

Serena Williams defiant ahead of Wimbledon as she bids to make history



But naturally, she remained defiant yesterday. “This year I don’t feel as much tension as I usually do,” she said. “Well, there’s some years I haven’t felt any tension either. I’m feeling pretty good. I don’t feel any pressure or stress.



 “It’s important to learn from every loss you have. Throughout my whole career I have been able to learn a lot, to come back a much better player. “I’m definitely ready to start playing at this point. I’m kind of over-practising every day for two hours, then going to the gym for some time.” Muguruza has experienced mixed fortunes since surprising many with her run to the final on grass – a surface she once loathed – last year. The French Open title and the way she saw off Williams in straight sets to earn that maiden grand slam, means she may be a serious contender. But all eyes will be on Williams. “It’s just that one time a year you get to get on this amazing, beautiful surface. It feels really good,” she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment